He's holding out His Hand

Here is where it stands now with little Juddah. Copies of Juddah's records in Ethiopia have sent, copies of his passport, birth certificate, HIV test, and TB test. We are now waiting to receive the paper work from Carilion Childrens hospital, once we have that in hand, we are able to file for a medical visa for Juddah, and get an embassy date. If the court date we get is out longer than a week, then we can apply for an emergency medical visa. Our prayer is that an embassy appointment would be assigned within the week and we would not have to file for an emergency medical visa. It is getting so close. After the Embassy appointment and the visa approval, a bank agent must be seen on the Embassy grounds and they hand over the actual visa. Once that is in hand, I'll be heading to Ethiopia to pick up Juddah and we will head to Virginia!

To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand 

These words were playing in my mind and on my heart when I woke up this morning. This journey that the Lord has put us on with Juddah is completely out of my comfort zone, and is in the realm of the unknown, an has felt completely like Jesus is holding our hand every step of the way. He has been faithful to provide for Juddah at every twist and turn of the road.

Today was no different. As we get closer to the actual date of flying to Addis to pick up Juddah and bring him to the US, and purchasing that plane ticket, we realize that we will be buying the ticket last minute, and possibly during the holidays.... Rick and I have been looking at ticket costs, $2000. Wow! This last week I was talking to the Lord about this, and wrestling in my mind about putting it to the body of Christ and asking for donations to be put toward travel expenses. I wasn't sure if this was something that was for our family to take care of, or if it was something that the Lord wanted us to all work on together. Praying about it this week, I kept hearing that still small voice whisper "I got it covered, don't doubt me, I got this one"! Ok Lord, and went about the week, still wondering how this would pan out.

Today after church, at lunch, I checked Juddah's email, sitting in the in box was a new email from someone who's name I didn't recognize. Here is what the first few lines said..

I shared Juddah's story with our church and we had an outpouring of prayers and cards for him and his mother, which was just amazing. Today at church one of my friends who was touched by his story stopped me. She shared that a colleague of hers, who did much work for Rescue Now in Ethiopia, has a free ticket there and back that she has offered for you to use on your trip to go and get Juddah.

Wow! Yes Lord you had it covered!
And as if that wasn't enough, her note continued.......

I also had another church friend offer her rental house for you to stay in when you come, it is furnished and available. She offered to donate the rental fee but would need to have utilities paid for. I know you were planning on staying with Jody, but I thought since the house was offered I should at least throw that out there! Again, let me know if you are interested

I am astounded once again how the Lord is weaving His body of believers together for His purpose! Shouts of praise again for those who are obedient to the call of our savior! Thank you Lord for allowing us to be a part of your plan for baby Juddah. Thank you for challenging us To step out of our comfort zone, Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is, And He's holding out His hand!

Your love, Lord, reaches to the heavens, 
your faithfulness to the skies. 
Psalm 36:5

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am in awe of the love of God for Juddah. I know He loves us all equally but this is just a incredible reminder of how sovereign, and totally madly in love with each of us that He is.

Andrea said...

He is indeed holding sweet Judah his hands. Praying for him. Praying for you. Praying for his mother. Praying for the Dr's who will be working on him. Thank you for being used in ways I'll bet you didn't even imagine. :)
A

Kat said...

Okay, I just cried. The Lord is so faithful. It is a privilege to watch Him work. Thank you for letting us all be a part of the wonder of following God.

Tammy said...

LOVE reading how HE is orchestrating all of this... Praying for Juddah, Sarah, Momma, and all of you working tirelessly to help these sweet souls!!